Thank you for your interest in applying to rent a property that is professionally managed by Harmon Property Management. It is important that you read all of the information below to fully understand our tenant application criteria and what is required of applicants prior to submitting an application. Should you have any questions after reviewing this information please feel free to give us a call at 316.768.4636 Extension 100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Income: Combined monthly gross household income of all applicants applying together must be a minimum of 2.5 times the monthly rent of the property being applied for.
- Credit: 500 or higher credit score with NO outstanding utility bill debt (electric, water, gas or trash service). Applicants with credit scores below 500 and outstanding utility bill debt will not be considered and should not apply.
- Rental History: Applicants must have a minimum of 2 verifiable years or rental or residential history or a co-signer will be required. No past evictions or unpaid balances owed to past landlords. Applicants with past evictions or unpaid balances to past landlords will not be considered and should not apply.
- Employment history: Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ verifiable employment history or a co-signer will be required.
- Criminal History: Within the last 7 years, no felonies for illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, or felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property (for example “arson”). No sexual related offenses for any time period. Applicants with these specific felonies or sexual related offenses will not be considered and should not apply.
- Income: Gross household income must be a minimum of 2.5 times more than the monthly rent of the property being applied for. Applicants with gross household income lower than the required 2.5 times more than the monthly rent of the property being applied for will not be considered and should not apply.
- Income must be verifiable. Examples of verifiable income include, but are not limited to, pay stubs, employee records, income tax returns, social security documentation, and bank statements.
- If applicant is employed, a copy of 1 month of the most recent paycheck(s) paystub(s) must be provided as proof of income at the time of application submission. We will also verify your employment with your employer.
- If applicant works in a “cash industry” and/or is self-employed the 2 most recent years of tax returns or the last 3 months of bank statements must be provided as verifiable proof of income.
- Credit score of 500 or higher with NO outstanding utility bill debt (electric, water, gas or trash service). Applicants with credit scores below 500 and outstanding utility bill debt will not be considered and should not apply.
- We obtain a credit report for all applicants and do not accept copies of credit reports submitted by applicants.
- We accept bankruptcies only if they have been discharged and if the applicant has begun re-establishing good credit.
- Negative credit reports may be grounds for denial of an application.
- Due to credit reporting regulations, we cannot provide you with a copy of your credit report or discuss its contents with you. However, we can provide you with the name of the credit-reporting agency so you may request a copy from them. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and for company use only.
APPLICATION PROCESSING AND TIME FRAME
- Most applications are processed in 1-3 business days. However, it can take longer. We can run screening and background checks the same business day an application is received. Verifying employment and landlord references may take longer due to slow response times from third parties. Applicants can help speed up the process by providing all documentation in a timely manner, responding quickly to questions and requests, and notifying their current employer and current and past landlords that we will be contacting them. Some current landlords may not give tenant references until receiving a 30-day notice to vacate from the tenant.
- Negative findings may cause denial of an application; false documentation or failure to disclose information is grounds for immediate denial of an application.
- We will send the applicant a link so that they may monitor the progress of their application.
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Everyone 18 years of age or older that intends to live in the property must submit a rental application.
- All applicants will be required to submit a picture of a government issued photo ID with their application.
- All applicants must complete a showing of the property in person before an application will be processed. The property must be accepted in “AS-IS” condition before an application can be approved, except where there is written agreement for modifications or repairs signed by all parties involved. Verbal representations are non-binding.
- We process applications on a first come, first served basis. The first set of applicants applying together that complete their applications in full, pay their application fees and submit all of their required documentation will then be screened, background checked and considered for approval to rent the property. If more than one group of applicants is applying at the same time, the first group will be screened and background checked first and if approved the second group will be notified and refunded their application fees. If the first group is declined, the second group will be notified and their applications will then be processed next.
- We can only process complete rental applications. A complete rental application includes completing the online application in full, providing all required supporting documentation, and paying the application fee. If an applicant is applying in a group we will not begin processing applications until everyone in that group completes their applications in full, pays their application fees and submits all of their required documentation. If another group completes all of these tasks before your group their applications will be processed before yours.
- Applicants submitting incomplete applications are required to complete their application and/or submit all documentation necessary to complete the processing of their application within 2 business days of application submission. Failure to do so will result in potential forfeiture of their application fee.
- If you have a pet, you will be required to submit a photo of your pet with you and the pet in the picture together. If you have an assistive animal, you must also submit the pet application through the third-party screening service we use located here: https://www.petscreening.com/referral/a2NHH9wxSwEH
- A $35.00 application fee is required for applicant, without exception, and is non-refundable. This fee offsets the costs incurred while processing an application.
- A $35.00 application fee for co-signers is required as well, and is also non-refundable.
- We expend time and incur costs in processing applications. Hence, our policy is application fees are non-refundable.
ACCEPTANCE/DENIAL OF AN APPLICATION
- All applicants applying together must qualify; denial of one applicant may result in the denial of all applicants.
- We typically notify applicants of approval or denial within 1-3 business days of completed application submission. Applications are processed during our normal business hours of Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We are closed Saturdays, Sundays & all Federal Holidays.
- Submitting an application does constitute an offer to rent or commitment of any kind. If an application is accepted, we will send the applicant an “Offer to Rent” email. Applicants are required to adhere to the timelines outlined in the “Offer to Rent” email.
- Submitting an application(s) for a property does not immediately require us to stop showing the property while we process applications. We show will keep showing the property and accept backup applications until we have approved application(s), a signed lease and holding fee in hand (if applicable). If this occurs all backup applications and fees will then be refunded.
- Applicants will be asked to provide the security deposit at lease signing.
RENTAL HISTORY OR PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
- Basic Criteria: We require a minimum of two (2) years of verifiable rental history, and/or home ownership.
- Rental History: Applicant(s) must not have any past evictions or unpaid balances owed to past landlords. Applicants with past evictions or unpaid balances to past landlords will not be considered and should not apply.
- References must be verifiable and family references are not acceptable. Negative references can be grounds for denial of an application.
- Applicants who have been charged with crimes should disclose all information. However, this information does not automatically disqualify applicants. However, applicants should not apply if, within the last 7 years, they have been convicted of any felonies related to the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, or felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property (for example “arson”).
- Applicants should not apply if they have been convicted of any sexually related offenses.
- Each of our properties has its own unique pet policy, which is specified in the property listing. Before you attempt to schedule a showing or submit a rental application, please review the property’s pet policy carefully.
- Applicants with service/companion/assistive animals seeking an exemption to the pet policy and/or pet deposit requirements are required to submit a pet application through a third-party pet screening service available here: https://www.petscreening.com/referral/a2NHH9wxSwEH
- If a pet is allowed, a minimum non-refundable pet fee of $300 for the first two pets and $150 for each additional pet is due at lease signing.
- Even if a property allows dogs, the following dog breeds are never allowed: Akita, Alaskan Malamute, Boxer, Bull Mastiff, Canary Dog, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Husky, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, and Wolf Hybrid. Applicants with these dog breeds as pets should not apply.
IDEAL APPLICANTS & HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION MORE ATTRACTIVE
- Ideal applicants will have qualifications that exceed the basic criteria, and will not have evictions, or unpaid balances owed to past landlords.
SECURITY DEPOSITS AND HOLDING FEES
- Security deposits are due in full at lease signing. We do not make special payment arrangements regarding security deposits.
- If required to hold a property for an applicant after approval until their designated move in date a holding fee will be required at lease signing equal to the security deposit amount of the property. If the applicant moves into the property on the designated move in date the holding fee will automatically become the security deposit. Should the applicant decide not to rent the property for any reason he/she will forfeit the holding fee.